Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Review: Want To Go Private? By: Sarah Derer Littman

Literary Gems



It’s been over a week that I haven’t posted anything! So, for that I am sorry. I honestly have no good excuse as to why I haven’t blogged other than I’ve been so into the book Want to Go Private? By: Sarah Darer Littman. In which I will be giving you my review shortly.
Okay, so I ordered books online! It was extremely difficult having to wait for them to come here! But I’m glad they got here before I started losing it, completely. (You can’t blame me for loving books so much that I’ll end up going crazy, because they haven’t got here, right? Right?)
I ordered 4 books from Thriftbooks.com and a book from Bookdepository.com (I’ll end up making a short review of the two websites by next week!) The books that I ordered are at the very top!
I decided to read Want to Go Private? First, because it kind of called to me; don’t ask me how, because I honestly don’t know. It was just a feeling that I needed to read first. I guess I could call it a gut feeling. Sort of.


Book Review: Want To Go Private?
Genre: Young Adult
Theme/Subject: Internet Safety, Sexual Abuse, Running Away, Sexual Experiences
Sensitivity: Adult Content, Objectionable Language, Violence
Summary: Abby and Luke chat online. They've never met. But they are going to. Soon.
Abby is starting high school; it should be exciting, so why doesn't she care? Everyone tells her to "make an effort," but why can't she just be herself? Abby quickly feels like she's losing a grip on her once-happy life.
The only thing she cares about anymore is talking to Luke, a guy she met online, who understands. It feels dangerous and yet good to chat with Luke; he is her secret, and she's his. Then Luke asks her to meet him, and she does. But Luke isn't who he says he is. When Abby goes missing, everyone is left to put together the pieces. If they don't, they'll never see Abby again.
            First of all, I wanted to say I loved the book cover! It was what lured me in to get it in the first place. I know they say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” But I couldn’t help it and yeah I bought it. Do I regret buying it? No! This book kept me entertained from the very first page to the last! Want to Go Private? Literally, was the reason why I stopped writing and went to bed at 4/5 in the morning, forcefully. Yeah, I had to force myself to go to sleep without thinking, ‘what’s going to happen next!?’
            At the beginning of the book when Abby starts talking to Luke, you know what’s going to happen next, especially when they agree to meet. But once they do, oh boy! That’s when you begin to say that famous quote, “Just one more chapter…” That’s the part of the story when you just won’t be able to put the story down.
It took me a few days to finish this book and it made me realize so many things that people out there especial teens/parents don’t know about. Although, Want to Go Private? Talks about a topic that brings sadness and anger most of all, it still made me laugh and giggle in some dialogue that I came across such as this one:
The main reason why I loved this book so much was the fact that Sarah brought a topic that happens every day out there. Sarah really did an extraordinary job by bringing this topic in her book, Want to Go Private?
            I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars, because I loved her writing so much, she talked about the topic very well, she made it sound very realistic and I loved that. Now the reason I don’t give her the 5 stars completely is or the reason that I knew Luke was a bad guy. It sold it out in the summary, so I was just waiting until they met so I could know exactly what was going to happen next. That’s when a lot of question began to pop up. It was because of that Want to Go Private? Receives 4.5 out of 5 stars; But overall, it was a great read.
Would I recommend this book? Hell to the yes!
Will anyone be reading this book this summer? If so, make sure to share your thoughts on it! If you already read this book, would you give it the same amount of stars? Did you have the same thoughts about it? Comment down below! I would love to read what you guys had in mind about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment